Solo routes

Could we try to make available some routes for solo rides, or rides with a less experienced household member, which don't need trains? I'm willing to plot a route for anyone who needs it (but I don't do South!). Not everyone is used to finding a route, and for now there's some good rides around town.

Comments

• edited on Sun 12 Apr at 22:09
    On reflection regarding the current situation, I've taken the route down. It's better to stick to an area you know well and stay close to home. Boring as it may be, hopefully it's worth it on the long run.

• Please note the guidance from Cycling UK/CTC on how far from home you should ride.

Cycling UK advice is to go out for long enough to keep yourself in good shape physically and emotionally but avoid doing more than this. Use common sense when planning your route. If you have a mechanical mishap that you can’t fix yourself and you’re miles from home, you may struggle to get back without asking someone else to undertake an additional journey that could have been avoided if you’d planned a circular route close to home. (my emphasis) https://www.cyclinguk.org/article/coronavirus-qa-it-safe-cycle#howlong

I interpret this as not going further than you could reasonably walk home (bear in mind walking speed pushing a bike is about 4km/h at best).

Please only post circular rides that comply with the above.
  • Thanks Linus. And to be clear, as moderators of this forum we may delete suggested routes that do not follow these guidelines.
  • AnnaB said:
    On reflection regarding the current situation, I've taken the route down. It's better to stick to an area you know well and stay close to home. Boring as it may be, hopefully it's worth it on the long run.

Probably for the best. If there is a tighter lockdown then we'd have to delete more rides.