2* ride || Chorleywood - Gorhambury

edited on Mon 9 Aug at 22:26 in Rides and tours

I was planning on doing this as a solo ride but there's someone else coming and so I thought I'd put it up here in case anyone else wanted to join, it's short notice I know.

This can be a sort, medium or long ride.

I'll be at Finchley Road underground station at 9:30am on Wednesday.  We can take the 9:36 Metropolitan line train to Chorleywood, arriving at 10:19.

The ride I have in mind goes through the Gorhambury and Mimms estates.  There is some walking and compact earth but not much and we can avoid it if needed.

We can either end the ride at Hadley Wood train station or cycle back in to Finsbury Park (via Barnet and Alexandra Palace).  Depending on what we want this can be a 40 mile (short version to Hadley Wood), 50 mile (with Horse Hill to Hadley Wood) or 60 mile (with Horse Hill, back in to Finsbury Park area).

Horse Hill is near the start of the ride so we have to decide that before we start.  Whether we end at Hadley Wood or cycle back in we can decide at the end, the route is the same until the last mile or so.

This is the RwGPS map: Chorleywood - Gorhambury - Finsbury Park. This is the longest version of the route and we may chop bits off.  It will be similar to this ride that I did last year. 

You can see that after about four miles we can turn left up Horse Hill or right to miss the hill and save 10 miles. At 50 miles we can stop at Hadley Wood. The ride from Hadley Wood to Finsbury Park is 10 miles.

We can have a pub lunch or snack in a field.

Post on here or let me know if you're planning on joining.