12/8/2020 ride - Gorhambury Drive

Gorhambury Drive has re-opened!

Tomorrow (Wednesday, 12/8/2020) I'm planning on doing a 50 mile ride from Chorleywood tube station to Hadley Wood mainline.

I'll be going via Gorhambury Drive and Cromer Hyde.  There'll be a couple of miles on non-tarmac around Cromer Hyde and the Mimms Estate but everything else will be on the road.

I'll be on the 9:52 Metropolitan line from Finchley Road.

Apologies for the short notice, Gorhambury Drive has only recently re-opened and there's a bit of rain forecast in the next few days.

Let me know here if you're interested in joining. 

Comments

• Change of plan:

I'm going to make an early start and cycle from Finsbury Park to Crews Hill for a loop around the north of Hertford.

I'm hoping to dodge a maximum temperature of 32-35C, seems a bit much for cycling.
  • Angus, you are free to suggest a ride for the main rides list, as long as you've registered as a leader with us (which you appear to be). Check the ride categories and contact the relevant co-ordinator. Make sure you mention any off-road sections so that it can be flagged up with bridleway symbol. You need to limit the ride to six including yourself. See the ride lists for examples https://www.centrallondonctc.org.uk/rides
  • I recognise one f those photos as being on the track through North Mimms next to the church. One of my favourite routes. There's a good return route via the bridle/byway past the old wind pump.