Group Cycling: Saturday 20th June 2020 - North Downs - FULL

edited on Thu 18 Jun at 13:11 in Rides and tours
This ride will now take place on Saturday because the weather is better on Saturday.  I am willing to lead a group of up to 6 people. 

I plan to start from Maida Vale tube station at 8 am, ride south out of London, using the cycle path by the River Wandle, through Wallington to Redhill before heading East to Godstone and climbing the North Downs again before riding back into London via West Wickham and Penge.  There is the option on the return journey to climb Cannonbie Road, arguably the third steepest road in London, for a spectacular view of London.
  • The planned route is available on Viewranger (https://my.viewranger.com/route/details/MzExMjUzOA%3D%3D).  Distance 100km, 900m climbing.  
  • Although more pubs and cafes are open for take-away, I plan to carry my own lunch and stop en route - probably Godstone.
  • I am happy to arrange to meet people at points on the ride out if that is more convenient than coming to Maida Vale.  
Please note that this is a private ride and not an official club event.  However, the style will be similar to 3* rides also suitable for 2* riders.
If you would like to join me, it is essential that you let me know by email, and I will confirm.

*** RIDE FULL ***

Comments

• Hi David, 

I will be keen to join you. I’ve previously done sections of this route so I’d be happy to do it all now. 

Please do let me know if it’s still ok for me to tag along. 

Thanks, 
    Maria

• I'd like to come too, David.
    I would meet at the entrance to Hyde Park on the Bayswater Road. About 8.10 am?
  • Hi David,
    I would love to join the group.  Could meet you in Godstone if that would be acceptable?

Thank you,

Victoria
  • Please note that I have moved this ride from Sunday to Saturday due to the weather.
    You should also be able to email me from the forum.

• Hi David, 

Unfortunately I already have plans for Saturday so I won’t be able to make it in this case. Have fun!

Thanks, 
    Maria
  • edited on Wed 17 Jun at 18:20
    victoria said:
    I would love to join the group.  Could meet you in Godstone if that would be acceptable?

Godstone is as far out as we get, and then we turn North.  Where are you starting from?
    Perhaps it would be easier to call me: 07771 760660