Leading rides

I've been asked about leading rides. I'm happy to do this, but also if someone else leads. About half the time I'm cycling being part of the ride is attractive, leading or not isn't important to me.

I have various rides I have mapped out and ridden, typically 40-50 miles based around Upminster, Crews Hill, Amersham/Chesham/Chorleywood. Some of them are based on CTC rides, either partially or a lot. I usually visit north and east of London, so Essex, Herts, Bucks.

I like a 2 ½ * ride, a fast Blue Oyster Thursday. There are often a few miles of compact earth, similar to Nick, Felix, Richard D.

Thursdays are best for me, but I can occasionally do Sundays and Mondays too. It's possible I can step in at short notice sometimes.

Comments

• @Angus If you can offer to lead a ride, please first send your details (including your CUK membership no. and expiry date) to Richard so that you can be registered, which will cover you under our insurance. Then contact the co-ordinator for the category of ride you want to lead. If you see any gaps in the ride list calendar it is always useful to have someone fill these with a suitable ride. Further information here. There is also a forum thread about Thursday rides here.
  • I believe Richard already has my membership number (let me know if you need more info).  Should I check to see if I'm registered?

I'm happy to carry on as things are, joining rides other people are leading.

The calendar looks pretty full till Spring. If Jenny is busy possibly I could do Sunday 19th January 2020?

If someone wants me to do something else please let me know.

• edited on Sat 23 Nov at 11:59
    There's always Mondays...
    2* rides are sorted by Christine.
    At the moment, we've got your CTC number, but you aren't CTC registered, which can be done by Richard whenever needed.
  • nickb said:
    There's always Mondays...
    2* rides are sorted by Christine.
    At the moment, we've got your CTC number, but you aren't CTC registered, which can be done by Richard whenever needed.
    Actually, @Angus is CTC registered (we registered him earlier this year when he was planning to lead a Thursday ride, I think, though I don't think he actually led one).
  • Nobody ticked the box!
  • edited on Mon 25 Nov at 19:48
    The box only gets ticked when the leader has led more than 12 one-star rides (one a month, every month). This is clearly stated in the leaders' induction handbook.