Stevenage Start of Summertime rides

edited on Tue 19 Mar at 22:53 in Rides and tours
A quick reminder that online entries for this year's Stevenage audax-like events are now open here, but only until 25 March. If you miss that deadline you can still enter on the day, but it'll cost you more (£10 vs £6 in advance for CUK members), and it also makes the organisers' lives harder, so entry in advance is highly recommended.

No 200km this year, the distances on offer are 65km, 100km and 160km, and the routes are completely changed from last year's. They also start earlier (08.30 for 160km, 10.00 for 100km) -- the suggested train times in our own ride listing have been adjusted to reflect this.

Full details, including links to (our) maps of the routes, can be found on Stevenage CTC's event page.

Comments

• When I tried entering the 160, the entry fee magically grew from £8 to £9.45 to include a booking fee and PayPal surcharge, which is not what I would expect from a CUK event.

• nickb said:
    When I tried entering the 160, the entry fee magically grew from £8 to £9.45 to include a booking fee and PayPal surcharge, which is not what I would expect from a CUK event.

If you read Richard's post above you'll see that the fee is supposed to be only £6 for CUK members until 25 March. That's also the price stated on the event website. But the booking site gives different prices.
  • Dodgy practice from a ticketing site?