Stevenage Emitremmus Rides - 28th October 2018

edited on 13 Oct 2018 at 16:16 in Rides and tours
Online entry is now open here for this year's end-of-summertime events (at 101km and 67km).  Entry in advance is strongly recommended - it's cheaper (£8 instead of £15), saves a lot of queueing on the day, and not least it makes the organiser's job a lot easier.

The organisers have provided TCX files of the 2018 route on the event page, but for those who have non-Garmin devices (or just like to be able to see the route on a map) I've created maps of the 101km and 67km routes (which include the usual "download as GPX" option too).

Hopefully we'll get a good CLCTC turnout on the rides - all in official club kit, of course  :)

Comments

• At least four already signed up! Thanks for the mapwork Richard
  • It's not an Audax, it's a CUK 'Challenge' ride. Stevenage CTC have parted ways with AUK. 
    As a result, many AUK members have parted ways with Stevenage.
  • edited on 13 Oct 2018 at 16:18
    nickb said:
    It's not an Audax, it's a CUK 'Challenge' ride. 
    Ah yes, thanks Nick. I knew that was case for the Spring version, but didn't realise it was true for the Emitremmus too. Still a good day out for those of us who just like the ride and aren't chasing Audax points  :)

I've amended the title of this discussion and the description in the main website listing too.
  • 'CUK'...what an unfortunate acronym
  • The Triennial Vets will henceforth be known as the CUK Oldies Ride

Unless the Moderator gets me first,
  • Hope it's a bit warmer for tomorrow. Bitterly cold on my AUK ride today, with a strong northerly.
  • Was fine and dry and not so chilly as Saturday, with glorious autumnal views from the high ground. The lanes were still wet from the previous day's rain, and in places muddy — riders without guards ended the day looking pretty grubby. The NE wind helped us on the way back to Stevenage, where our posse (Keith, Naomi, Jon Mc, and me) arrived at 15:01. 
  • Looking fwd already to the Start of Summertime...